Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Journal Entry 4



Art by: Mark Kokopelli Watkins
Contact him for original Angel Hunter art or his other works
http://www.artsinirvington.com/artists_artisans/watkins_mark/watkinsmark.html
http://www.artwanted.com/artist.cfm?ArtID=70733

It didn’t work.  I lost Avery today, but I can’t give up.  I need to get back there and try again.  I need to find Jacob.  My only lead is the charm shop.  It’s almost daybreak and I need some sleep.  I’ll have to head back tomorrow.

I took me all day to drive to the GPS coordinates that Jenna had given me.  I had driven slowly because I was paranoid about the... well I was paranoid.  When I stopped for lunch, I sat drinking coffee for at least an hour trying to keep calm.  I couldn’t believe what I was doing.  It was all either a waste of time or maybe, just maybe, I was doing the one thing that would save Avery.  Looking back, I can’t believe I was so naive.  I should’ve gotten there sooner.

I drove out to the desert.  The location was about a half mile off the road.  I remember thinking that it was going to be hard to find the exact location, but I saw the fire in the distance as soon as I started walking.  There was a campfire just like Jenna said.  Maybe she really was a witch.

A man was waiting for me on the far side it.  He sat quietly, glaring.

I didn’t know what to say.  “Are you here to stop me or help me?” I asked.

The man straightened his cowboy hat and said, “What you aiming to do ain’t good.  Jinni’s don’t serve their master.  They follow God’s Will.  I can’t let ya do this.”

“God wants me to find my daughter,” I told him.  “He wouldn’t let her die.”

“Millions of children die every year.  God don’t care if yer kid dies.  You summon that angel son, and you’ll be messing with God.  You ain’t gonna like the results.”

I figured this guy couldn’t stop me anyway.  I crunched up the bag and tossed it into the fire.  I recited the chant Jenna had told me to say.

The fire erupted and then died down to short blue flames.  An angel appeared above it.  It was incredible.  It looked exactly like I had expected.  It had a gleaming white robe, stretched wings, and a boyish face.  Not even a moment later, that bastard in the cowboy hat shot it straight in the head.  The angel dropped into the fire burning.

The cowboy walked over to me.  He put his hand on my shoulder and said, “It’s better this way.  Trust me.  That angel would of killed the both of us.”

I drove all the way back tonight and now here I am.  The sun is breaking and I am writing down what happened.  It is all real.  I saw an angel.  The only chance I had to get my Avery back.

I’m not going to give up.  I will not cry.  I will fight.  I will find Jacob and then get my daughter back.

No comments:

Post a Comment