Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Journal Entry 16

We’re driving to 33.11685,-114.292145 tonight.  Jacob says that no place is safe anymore.  The summons means that his higher ups have decided to put him on trial.  Since he shot the messenger, the Morning Stars will be coming after him with all they’ve got.

While I was at home, probably for the last time, I remembered more.  A new memory flew into my brain.  I was sitting on my couch with a bag of ice on my knee.  I had Jacob’s gun on the couch next to me.  Joe the Barber had just dropped me off after he had demolished Jenna’s place.

Suddenly, what seemed like twenty people with strobe lights surrounded my house.  My heart raced.  I grabbed my gun and hobbled towards a window.  I peeked out and saw nothing.  The lights were gone. 

A shadow reflected off the window.  Some kind of creature was directly behind me.  I could see it through my reflection.  I couldn’t quite make it out, but it was tall and had wings.  Without turning around or making any sudden movement, I blindly unloaded Jacob’s gun behind me.  The gun ran out of ammo.  I flipped around and face the creature.  It was a huge angel, laid out on the floor with what seemed like three sets of wings mangled in every direction. 

The lights outside started up again.  I ran to my car in the garage.  I started it and put it in reverse before opening the garage door.  As I pulled out, lights came down from the sky in every direction.  I made it out into the street, slammed the car into drive, and jammed the brakes.  Next to me was Joe the Barber’s car.  It was empty.

I came back to my senses and hit the gas, but my car didn’t move.  The back end lifted up and the door of my car ripped open.  A light poured in.  I threw the empty gun at it.  That’s where the memory ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment